Share this episode:
A novel molecule to promote longevity
Patrick Aebischer: Founder, Amazentis
Published on: 8 Jul 2020 @ 15:27 PT
NOTES & QUOTES
In this interview we cover:
- The importance of good health as we deal with the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The genesis and big idea behind Amazentis.
- Putting the spotlight on aging well.
- Quality of life versus lifespan – living better, not only longer.
“Probably the biggest revolution that we’ve ever seen is the fact that we have doubled life expectancy over four generations for our species. This is just incredible.”
- Putting into perspective the scientific advances that make it possible to defy some of the killer diseases of old age.
- The intriguing science behind so-called superfoods, like pomegranates.
- Research built on intuition that led to a breakthrough in diet science.
“One of the most important things for me is the quality of life. It’s not only the time – how much – but can you live with a great quality for 80 years?
- Understanding the role of urolithin A and the development of Mitopure, a pure form of the compound, which boosts mitochondrial health, through mitophagy.
- Tackling frailty through supplementation to boost muscle strength as we age.
- The value of professional, data-driven research in promoting a new dietary product.
“It has to be science based and clinically proven.”
- A multidisciplinary approach to science.
- The personal aspirations of an artist’s son and lifelong scientist.
- The precious gift of creativity and a healthy mind.
This LLAMA podcast episode is produced in association with Amazentis, an innovative life science company dedicated to employing breakthrough research and clinical science to bring advanced therapeutic nutrition products to life, under its Timeline brand.