Share this episode:
Optimizing happiness and health span
David Hauser: Author, entrepreneur
There’s an old saying that money doesn’t buy happiness. But what about lifestyle hacks to optimize wellbeing and overall health? David Hauser is a hugely successful businessman who has overcome multiple health problems and self-esteem issues – including weight gain, exhaustion and failed diets – to transform his life. Once a slave to pseudoscience and fad diets, David says he eventually embraced real science and applied a data-driven approach to building an “unstoppable” lifestyle. He is best known for co-founding the Grasshopper Group, a virtual telephone service, but the Las Vegas based entrepreneur has now taken on the role of self-help guru, empowering others in their quest for better physical and mental health. In this LLAMA podcast interview, with Peter Bowes, David explains his “optimization mindset” and new-found zest for life.
Published on: 7 Jan 2020 @ 08:31 PT
NOTES & QUOTES
Connect with David: Website | Book: Unstoppable: 4 Steps to Transform Your Life | Twitter
In this interview we cover:
- David’s journey from overweight teen to wellbeing evangelist
- Tackling brain fog and physical malaise
- Epidemiological studies – the pros and cons
- Arguments over misleading health headlines
- Plants based diets – reality, facts and myths
“I am a machine that can be optimized and I need to use the tools that I have at my disposal to do that.”
- Deep diving into data to set out a framework for wellbeing
- Sleep, meditation, mindfulness
- The meaning of deep breathing
- Daily routines without tracking
“I very much believe in optimizing health span.”
- Yoga – really!
- Optimizing sleep environments and patterns.
- Living with technology and keeping it at arm’s length.
- Computers, TVs and phones
“I want to live as long as possible while doing the things I love to do.”
- Longevity goals and optimizing health span.
- Experiences over things.
- Building a legacy that matters