Share this episode:
Silver, disobedient and rockin’
Dian Griesel: Writer, businesswoman & model
There are some people who just ooze optimism. Approaching life with a positive and inquisitive attitude is half the battle, when it comes to aging with vigor and purpose. It also helps to be a little defiant and rebellious – if not, downright disobedient. Writer, businesswoman and model, Dian Griesel, has embraced the power of living agelessly through her blog, Silver Disobedience. The author of The Silver Disobedience Playbook: 365 Inspirations for Living and Loving Agelessly, she delivers a daily dose of wisdom and pithy observations about life and aging. In this LLAMA podcast interview with Peter Bowes, Dian shares the inspiration behind her gregarious attitude towards aging. She also invites us to the party of a lifetime.
Published on: 9 Oct 2019 @ 16:28 PT
NOTES & QUOTES
Connect with Dian: Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | LinkedIn
In this interview we cover:
- Does disobedience come with age?
- Being enthusiastic rather than disillusioned with age.
- Seeking inspiration from Mick Jagger.
- Being honest about aging.
“You’re a one of a kind man, show the world who you are, the mold was broken the day you landed here on Earth. There is no more of you. Live it. Show it. You have a responsibility – you owe it to whatever you believe created life.”
- Social media and living life as if it were a reality show.
- The value of taking a deep breath and putting yourself first.
- Why young people are “terrified” of aging.
“60 isn’t the new 40. That’s ludicrous. 60 is 60. 40 is 40. 20 is 20.”
- Embracing the treadmill desk.
- Keeping it close to earth: Avocados, nuts, fruits and vegetables.
- The power of collective consciousness.
- Listening to the conversations of others for inspiration.
- The power of community and rockin’ out together at 100.
- Committing to do something every day, like a blog.
“My mother would always say: ‘I wish I took better care of myself when I was younger, if I knew how old I’d get.’”